This class is designed to teach the fundamentals of the latest Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (CC, CS6, CS5 are ok) that will get you up and running with this popular image editing program.
Come and join us for an intensive weekend workshop.
You'll be surprised how much you will learn in just one weekend!
We will teach you:
- How to use Photoshop's tools, menus and pallets
- Optimize image color and contrast with Curves and HSL
- Use Photoshop's masks and adjustment layers
- How to use Batch processing and automating functions
- Crop, resize and straighten images with the crop tool
- How to convert to black and white
- Retouch blemishes using the clone and healing brushes
- Use the Adobe Bridge to select and organize your images
- Create panoramic images using Adobe's Photomerge
- Create dynamic tonal range images with "Merge to HDR"
- Work with RAW image files, including efficient Workflow techniques
- Understand how color management works with your monitor and printer
- And much, much more
- There will be lots of time to discuss your questions
Participants may use PC or Mac based Laptops.
You can use Photoshop CC2017, CC, CS6 or CS5 version.
Please note that we have an online Photoshop for Photographers course available as well!
This workshop is held at the Ironworks Studios, 235 Alexander Street in Vancouver. Free street parking located outside, ad there are several pay-lots in gastown (only a couple of blocks away). Bus routes #3, #4 and #22 have stops closeby.
*Please Note: Participants need to bring a computer (Mac or PC, Laptop or Desktop) loaded with Adobe Photoshop Software. You can download a 30 day trial for free at www.adobe.com. It is recommended to upgrade to the latest version, so please check what you are currently using.*
Saturday 10am - 5pm:
- Focus on Bridge & Camera Raw
- Learn about Photoshop's tools, menus and palettes
- Introduction to layers, masks and curves
- Batch processing
- Colour Managment
- File organization
Lunch will be from 1pm - 2pm
Sunday 10am - 5pm:
- More layers and masks techniques
- B&W conversion
- Focus on clone and healing brush tools
- Cropping, resizing and straightening images
- Photomerge and 'Merge to HDR' instruction
- Workflow techniques
- And more....
Lunch will be from 1pm - 2pm
Beginner/General Interest. Basic photography knowledge recommended.
Maximum 15 participants.
Laptop or Desktop Computer with Photoshop CC, CS6 or CS5 software installed.
Most of our courses and workshops offer a 10% discount is applied automatically if you register before the Early-Bird Discount deadline date listed in the registration table below.
Some courses and workshops offer a discount if you're among the first 3 people who register. This discount will replace the 'standard' Early Bird Discount mentioned above, and will be applied automatically during the online registration process (as long as it is available). Check the course/workshop listing page for more details.
A 5% discount will be appplied if 3 or more people register at the same time for the same workshop. (All 3 tuitions must be paid for by one credit card to be considered a group registration.) Please follow the instructions on the online registration page.
In order to provide the best learning environment possible VPW keeps class and tour sizes limited to 10-15 people (depending on the workshop). This is but one reason that we count on you to attend your chosen class or tour, once you have registered for it.
If you must withdraw for any reason please be aware of our refund policy as follows:
For our Local Lectures, Seminars, and Workshops valued at or under $100, VPW is unable to provide a cash refund. Transfers are limited to one transfer to either the same event at a later date, or a different event of equal value. VPW requires 48 hours written notice in order to make such a transfer (email notice is acceptable). The event you are transferring to must occur within 6 months of the original event you registered for. A $15 fee will be applied to all transfers.
For our Local Workshops, 1 to 5 days in length and our Local 4 to 10 Week Courses, VPW requires 30 days written notice (before the event start date) of your withdrawal in order to provide a refund. (Email notice is acceptable.)
For our Master Photographer Series workshops, 1 to 5 days in length, VPW requires 60 days written notice (before the workshop start date) of your withdrawal in order to provide a refund. VPW may retain 15% of fees paid or $150 minimum in processing your refund. If the tuition is less than $500 the minimum fee drops to $75.
Within 45 days of the Master Photographer Series workshop date all fees paid are non-refundable.
For our Photo Tours (national and international), the following charges will apply:
- If you cancel up to 3 months before the tour start date and we can fill your space, your reservation (or deposit) fee will be refunded
- There is no additional cancellation fee up to 8 weeks before the start of your tour
- From 8 weeks to 4 weeks before the tour: 25% of your balance
- From 4 weeks to 1 week before the tour: 50% of your balance
- From 1 week to 72 hours before the tour: 75% of your balance
- If you cancel within 72 hours of the start of the trip, no refund can be paid
- Transaction charges incurred on accepting and refunding payments will be deducted from the refund amount
- In the (unlikely) event that we cancel the Photo Tour, all monies paid will be refunded in full
We highly recommend that you take out travel insurance to guard yourself against monies lost due to unavoidable cancellation by either party.
Transfers (for all events over $100): If you wish to transfer to a different workshop date, VPW requires a minimum of 30 days written (email) notice. All transfers are based on availaibility, and subject to approval by VPW staff. For courses/workshops with tuition above $101, the transfer fee is $35.
Transfer Fees as based on event pricing:
Tuition of $100 and below, the transfer fee is $15
Tuition of $101 and above, the transfer fee is $35
VPW can give no refunds:
If you registered for any event valued at or under $100
If you do not show up for your registered course.
If you register for a course beyond or below your skill or ability level.
Refunds for all events valued at $101 and above (excluding Master Series Workshops):
If a student wishes to cancel their registration for any of VPW's events, and has provided written notice within the appropriate timeframe, a refund less a $50 administration fee will be provided.
Occasionally, we may have to cancel a course due to low enrollment. In this case, we will issue a full refund of all monies paid to VPW up to that time.
In the event that a listed instructor is unable to participate because of a change in his or her professional schedule, we will replace the instructor with someone of equal or similar credentials. If we cannot find a replacement in due time before the course is about to start, a particular class may have to be rescheduled.
In the event that we cancel your course, for any reason, the extent of VPW's liability is limited to the return of all monies paid. We will do everything we can to register you in another equivalent course. VPW will not be responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses of any kind.
Please note: An administration charge of $50 applies to all refunds
"I am so happy to see you teaching classes on the latest equipment and software available on the market.
I am currently taking a digital photography course elsewhere in town and we are still using Photoshop CS which is about as outdated as the camera and lighting equipment this school has. I am looking forward to taking your CS3 and RAW camera workshops soon."
The Fundamental Photoshop Workshop is taught by the following instructors:
|Class||Dates||Time||Early-Bird Discount Offer:||Location||Instructor||Registration|
|Weekend||November 28th & 29th, 2015||10am-5pm||N/A||Beaumont Studios, 326 West 5th Ave||Marc Koegel||SOLD OUT|
|Weekend||March 5th + 5th, 2016||10am-5pm||N/A||Beaumont Studios, 326 West 5th Ave||Marc Koegel||SOLD OUT|
|Weekend||December 17 + 18, 2016||10am-5pm||N/A||The Ironworks Studios,
235 Alexander Street, Vancouver
|Marc Koegel||Click HERE to Register|