Vancouver Photo Workshops proudly presents a one day workshop,"Dan's Digital Blitz - Hot Techniques for Honest to Goodness Photographers" with internationally acclaimed photographer Dan Burkholder.
Dan Burkholder serves up another helping of creative and timesaving photographic techniques for honest to goodness photographers. There will be lots of new information, tips and tricks!
Watch and learn as Dan Burkholder deciphers the depths of Photoshop CS4 so you don’t have to. In one fun-filled day you can leap a giant step closer to having the image control you need and want. From capture to print, get the stuff real photographers use every day.
Dan’s Blitz includes new techniques and tips that will arm you with a virtual bandolier of digital bullets to defeat the nerds and computer jockeys who want you to think it’s harder than it really is!
What we’ll cover in the workshop:
* What's new in CS4 - Explore all the new and exciting features worth using.
* Learn the meat-and-potatoes techniques for capturing and manipulating your images to get prints that match your imagination.
* From Quick Mask to Layer Styles to HDR to Blending Modes, learn which techniques work and which are time-wasting techie-food.
* Learn how to use High Dynamic Range imaging (HDR) to capture scenes with extreme contrast. Dan is recognized as a pioneer in HDR photography; his book on New Orleans uses HDR techniques extensively.
* Learn Dan’s gallery-tested methods for producing prints with glowing highlights, seductive midtones and shadows you can fall into.
* See how High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging can let you tackle scene contrast ranges you never thought possible.
* Take off the training wheels and learn how to drive Photoshop’s selection tools like a professional. Learn why "make a selection and do something to it" is Dan’s mantra. We’ll leave no selection method unexplored.
* Grasp the power—and ease—of Bridge and Camera Raw.
* Learn the parts of Color Management you actually need, from a photographer who never sinks into digi-geek-speak. Profiles and Soft Proofing become your new friends as you learn how to make prints that look just like your monitor image.
* The workshop doesn’t stop here! You’ll go home with Dan’s bound workbook that’s jam-packed with information, plus a DVD with TinyTutorial videos, demo images and PDF's that will keep you learning for days.
Dan combines decades of classic photographic experience with a fine art aesthetic to help you expand your new digital craft. Have pixels at your command and a smile on your face.
If you have a passion for your photography and use Photoshop, this intense—yet oh so fun—day of digital excitement will give you goose bumps!
Dan Burkholder was one of the first photographic artists to embrace digital technology in the early 1990’s.
True to his love of the traditional photograph, Dan uses digital technology to build images that still look and feel like real photographs, not like something from a graphic designer’s portfolio. Melding his unique vision with mastery of both the wet and digital darkrooms, his platinum prints are now included in many museum and private collections.
Originating the digital-negative process in 1992, Burkholder has helped open doors for all black and white photographers interested in moving into the new electronic technologies. His award-winning book, Making Digital Negatives for Contact Printing, is regarded as the most authoritative work in the field.
Dan has taught classes and workshops at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, the lnternational Center of Photography in New York, the University of Texas at San Antonio, the Museum of Photographic Arts in San Diego and others. Active with the Texas Photographic Society for many years, he is currently serving on the Advisory Board for this organization.
Visit Dan's website for more information and to see his amazing HDR photography:
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of Photoshop CS2 or later.
Maximum 20 participants.
Instruction and notes by Master Photographer Dan Burkholder.
Please visit the 'Our City' page for a list of recommended hotels in Vancouver.
If you must withdraw for any reason please be aware of our refund policy as follows:
For our Local Lectures, Seminars, and Workshops valued at or under $100, VPW is unable to provide a cash refund. Transfers are limited to one transfer to either the same event at a later date, or a different event of equal value. VPW requires 48 hours written notice in order to make such a transfer (email notice is acceptable). The event you are transferring to must occur within 6 months of the original event you registered for. A $15 fee will be applied to all transfers.
For our Local Workshops, 1 to 5 days in length and our Local 4 to 10 Week Courses, VPW requires 30 days written notice (before the event start date) of your withdrawal in order to provide a refund. (Email notice is acceptable.)
For our Master Photographer Series workshops, 1 to 5 days in length, VPW requires 60 days written notice (before the workshop start date) of your withdrawal in order to provide a refund. VPW may retain 15% of fees paid or $150 minimum in processing your refund. If the tuition is less than $500 the minimum fee drops to $75.
For our Photo Tours (both in Canada and abroad), 1 to 10 days in length, VPW requires 60 days written notice (before the event start date) of your withdrawal in order to provide a refund. VPW may retain 15% of fees paid or $150 minimum in processing your refund. If the tuition is less than $500 the minimum fee drops to $75.
Transfers (for all events over $100): If you wish to transfer to a different workshop date, VPW requires a minimum of 30 days written (email) notice. All transfers are based on availaibility, and subject to approval by VPW staff. For courses/workshops with tuition above $101, the transfer fee is $35.
Transfer Fees as based on event pricing:
Tuition of $100 and below, the transfer fee is $15
Tuition of $101 and above, the transfer fee is $35
VPW can give no refunds:
If you registered for any event valued at or under $100
If you do not show up for your registered course.
If you register for a course beyond or below your skill or ability level.
Refunds for all events valued at $101 and above (excluding Master Series Workshops):
If a student wishes to cancel their registration for any of VPW's events, and has provided written notice within the appropriate timeframe, a refund less a $50 administration fee will be provided.
Occasionally, we may have to cancel a course due to low enrollment. In this case, we will issue a full refund of all monies paid to VPW up to that time.
|Class||Dates||Time||Early-Bird Discount Ends||Location||Tuition||Registration|
|One day||COMING SOON, 2009||10am-5pm||TBA, 2009||VPW Studios||$150 CDN +GST||Click Here for Wait List|